Located 12 km from the small town of Kętrzyn, Święta Lipka is famous for the shrine of the Virgin Mary and the church and convent of the Jesuits are also among the most valuable Baroque complexes in the country. According to a legend, the statue of the Virgin Mary was placed on the lime-tree by a convict as a vote for his acquittal. Soon, the place began to be celebrated due to numerous miracles.
The monastery complex includes the basilica, cloisters and the Jesuit congregation. The church courtyard can be entered through a Baroque gate from the first half of the eighteenth century. Inside Basilica we can admire a Baroque organ with moving figures made in 1721. On the main altar there is a painting of Our Lady Świętolipska.
Warmia Hot Springs in Lidzbark Warminski
Bunkers in Mamerki
Castle of Warmian Bishops in Lidzbark Warmiński
The kayaking route on the Krutynia River
Sanctuary in Stoczek Klasztorny
Monastery complex in Swieta Lipka
Bishops Castle in Reszel
The kayaking route on the Łyna River
Zywkowo: Stork capital of Poland