It is a small village located east of Lidzbark Warmiński, near the village of Stoczek. The village is famous for its Marian Sanctuary - Minor Basilica. It was built between 1659-1677 as a votive offering of bishop Nicholas Szyszkowski after the war with Sweden. The church and the monastery was the first baroque temple built in the shape of a rotunda in Warmia. The main altar dates back 1713 and the image of Our Lady Queen of Peace within is a copy of the image from the church of Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome, imported before 1643. The two Baroque side altars from 1677 and 1678 are also noteworthy, wrought iron pulpit from 1738, the choir from 1730 and organ funded in 1695 and reshaped in 1745.
The monastery features a museum hall dedicated to the Primate Stefan Wyszynski, who in the years 1953-1954 was imprisoned behind the walls of the monastery by the communist authorities.
Warmia Hot Springs in Lidzbark Warminski
Bunkers in Mamerki
Castle of Warmian Bishops in Lidzbark Warmiński
The kayaking route on the Krutynia River
Sanctuary in Stoczek Klasztorny
Monastery complex in Swieta Lipka
Bishops Castle in Reszel
The kayaking route on the Łyna River
Zywkowo: Stork capital of Poland